Detailed calculations below:
A fraction consists of two numbers and a fraction bar: 2,125/10,000
The number above the bar is the numerator: 2,125
The number below the bar is the denominator: 10,000
The fraction bar means that the two numbers are dividing themselves:
2,125/10,000 = 2,125 ÷ 10,000
Divide the numerator by the denominator to get fraction's value:
Value = 2,125 ÷ 10,000
'Percent (%)' means 'out of one hundred':
p% = p 'out of one hundred',
p% = p/100 = p ÷ 100
The fraction 100/100 = 100 ÷ 100 = 100% = 1
Multiply a number by the fraction 100/100,
... and its value doesn't change.
To reduce a fraction, divide both its numerator and denominator by their greatest common factor, GCF.
Integer numbers prime factorization:
Prime Factorization of a number: finding the prime numbers that multiply together to make that number.
2,125 = 53 × 17;
2,125 is not a prime, is a composite number;
10,000 = 24 × 54;
10,000 is not a prime, is a composite number;
* Positive integers that are only dividing by themselves and 1 are called prime numbers. A prime number has only two factors: 1 and itself.
* A composite number is a positive integer that has at least one factor (divisor) other than 1 and itself.
Calculate the greatest (highest) common factor (divisor), gcf, hcf, gcd:
Multiply all the common prime factors, by the lowest exponents (if any).
gcf, hcf, gcd (2,125; 10,000) = 53 = 125
Rewrite the end result:
As a decimal number:
17 ÷ 80 =
As a percentage:
0.2125 × 100/100 =
In other words:
1) Calculate fraction's value.
2) Multiply that number by 100.
3) Add the percent sign % to it.